[TRNSYS-users] TRNflow large opening, TRNbuil open window

Adrien JEZEQUEL - ITF a.jezequel at itf.biz
Fri Jan 30 03:13:24 PST 2009

Dear Kevin,

Maybe you can try to define two window types in your TRNBUILD model :

  -  a non-glazing one which models your large opening for the night
  -  a normal glazing one which models the window for the day (same
areas as previous window)

Be careful to define correct outwall and window areas.

For the night, your may have to consider your glazing window as a window
with additionnal shading, to obtain the same thermal resistance as your
outwall by adding an external thermal resistance (window type manager -
optional properties of shading devices). In the same time, your non
glazing window is opened (ie no optional properties of shading devices
defined). In that way, your glazing window will be treated as an outwall
(with the same thermal resistance as your outwall) and your non glazing
one as an opening.

For the day, you may have to consider your non-glazing  window as a
window with additionnal shading to obtain the same thermal resistance as
your outwall by adding an external thermal resistance. In the same time,
you will have to define a total external shading device on that window
to keep out solar radiation. External thermal resistance of your glazing
window is null during the day.

Use schedules or inputs to define those profiles.

I think this will work fine. Someone may confirm?

www.itf.biz <http://www.itf.biz>
www.itf.biz <http://www.itf.biz>

	Adrien JEZEQUEL
Simulations Thermiques Dynamiques
*ITF*
	87, Avenue de Chambéry
73230 St Alban Leysse
FRANCE
Phone :
Fax :
Mail:
	+33(0) 479 750 029
+33(0) 479 852 122
a.jezequel at itf.biz

/Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer
cet e-mail que si nécessaire
Please, consider our environmental responsability before printing this email
/