[TRNSYS-users] Problems with the sun... (probably an easy one for people used to TRNSYS)

Nicolas Heijmans nicolas.heijmans at bbri.be
Thu Jan 29 02:22:47 PST 2009

Hello,

I'm a new user of TRNSYS and I have a problem with the sun (TYPE 16i).

As far as I understood, the type 16 is written in such a way that the interpolation of data is correct.

But I have a dummy sun, with a permanent 36 kJ/h.m², 100% diffuse.
The data are given at each hour, and I do a simulation with a time step of 10 minutes.
I would expect that the output of TYPE16i would be 36 kJ/h at each time step, but that's not the case. The values are oscillating...

Could you explain me why ?
[cid:image002.jpg at 01C98203.E99F3E10]

 (The model is attached, all files should be placed on C:)

Kind regards,

Nicolas Heijmans, Belgium