[TRNSYS-users] help

Sine Girm girmasine2000 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 00:35:07 PST 2009

Dear Trnsys users

I was simulating a parabolic trough power plant. the model I used was
the SEGSVI power plant that has been built in the modjave desert of
California. the input for the solar radiation is the direct normal
insolation. when I simulate the DNI, beam radiation, total
radiation(global radiation), the simulation result shows the total
radiation is being maximum for summer seasons and minimum for winter
seasons. but normally what I know is, the total radiation is the sum
of beam radiation and diffused radiation and also the simulation
result shows that the DNI is a little bit higher than that of the beam
radiationof a surface (WHY). in doing all these, the weather data I
used was from Dagett, and the component for the weather data processor
was  (TRNSYS component) was Type-15-2. from the result I told you if
you tell me the reason for this. and what if I used the input for the
trough to be beam radiation instead of DNI.
I will attach you the figures for those I described,for  summer season
and winter season