[TRNSYS-users] Further questions about weather data file and new component

Artemi Spanaki spanakiart at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 21 03:23:57 PST 2009

(This mail is sent to Matt Duffy, Cramer Silkworth and TRNSYS Users List)

Dear Matt Duffy, Cramer Silkworth and TRNSYS users.

Thank you for your important advises.

Your ideas about dealing with my additional component through the building’s roof are quite helpful. I would like to ask the way to do it. How can I define the inside of the wall, such as the drywall, and then connect that to my component? How can I define that as a boundary wall with an input temperature (from my roof component)? The TRNBuild software has very limited options to do the above. I do have created the roof temperature as an output of my new component and input of type 56, but I am not sure that the software “understands” that this is the roof temperature on the ceiling of the building?

>From the other hand, Cramer Silkworth advises to block solar radiation to the roof by saying that it's 100% shaded, or override the usual horizontal radiation input and set it equal to zero. Additionally I can say that the temperature "outside" this particular surface is equal to an input. Through which software can I apply these opltions?

As far as it concerns the weather data reading and processing, when I transform a component as type 109-user in order to make it similar to the options of one of TRNSYS examples that is similar to my problem I get errors (negative radiation in one or more orientation). If I copy the components (type 109) from the example and paste it to my project I don’t get these errors. The problem is that I cannot change the parameter 1 of type 109 to 2 because it is locked.

Best regards,

Artemi Spanaki