[TRNSYS-users] Chilled Water Cooling System

#TEO NGUAN TECK# Z050128 at ntu.edu.sg
Tue Jan 20 23:57:37 PST 2009

Hi ALL,

In simulating my chilled water system (with Fan coil unit using variable
speed fan and cooling coil; cooling tower using constant pump), I
connected my equipment to my building model. The system runs and I
managed to obtain the zone properties (i.e temp and RH). However my
chiller shows a constant data (i.e. const flow rate, power, heat
rejection etc) throughout the simulation, even though I used variable
speed pump for my chilled water.

I am expecting the chiller data to vary according to the cooling load of
my building. So my question is, by connecting the cooling equipment to
my building, will it recognize the different building loads?

Or can I alternatively use Type682 to obtain the building loads and
connect it to my chiller system to check its performance? And if I were
to use this approach, how do I determine the zone properties of my
building during cooling.

Or any advice on what may be missing from my original model.

Note: I am using the sample catalog available in TRNSYS for my chiller.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Nguan Teck

NTU, Singapore