[TRNSYS-users] macro tm2

Valentin GAVAN valentin_gavan at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 01:55:18 PST 2009

Hello to all,

I'm using Trnsys simulation software for my PhD studies.

I downloaded a macro from http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/weather/tmy2data.htm to see what is inside a tm2 file.

Briefly, I'm using the tm2 macro from Trnsys website to output a *.xls file with the data in this tm2. After that, from the same weather file with Simulation Studio, I’m printing the Total radiation on horizontal, Dry bulb temperature and RH.

I was surprised when I compared the data from the tm2 file printed with the macro with the data simulated in Trnsys. There are some differences on the Dry bulb temperature and RH values... These values should be the same isn't it?

Further, if I’m comparing the Ground radiation on horizontal from the macro with simulated Total radiation on horizontal everything is OK.

Finally, which values should trust?

Kind regards,

Valentin GAVAN
PhD student