[TRNSYS-users] Questions about new component

Artemi Spanaki spanakiart at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 13 02:51:59 PST 2009

Dear David and TRNSYS users.

I would like to ask you some things in order to solve some of my problems, in a simulating procedure.

I used “type109”.user instead of “type109.TMY2”. How can I convert a weather data file of *.tm2 to a *.109? Is it possible to create a 109 file using the Meteonorm software?

What is the meaning of the creation of a cycle of variables? For example getting the weather data in a cycle means that n new data are taken again and again?

 I created a new component for passive cooling through building’s roof. Since the new component is a roof by its own, how can I describe that the roof of the *.bui file does not takes any solar radiation? The new component has a variable named “roof temperature”. How can I set this value as equal to the roof temperature in *.bui file?

Is there any way to access the kernel of my project in simulation studio in order to check my model?

Wishing you a Happy New Year!

Yours sincerely

Artemi Spanaki