[TRNSYS-users] Double skin facade

Monika Schulz Schulz at transsolar.com
Thu Jan 8 07:19:38 PST 2009

Tiziano,
there are some important points on simulation of a double facade:
- make sure that you have defined the transparent surface between the zones as an adjacent window.
- make reasonable use of the geosurf factor which often is close to 1 if there are big glazing areas.
- note that there is a known issue with the distribution of the diffuse solar radiation to the different surfaces of a zone which is area*absorbtion weighted and thus overestimates solar radiation which is transfered from your gap zone back outside. You should check this (NTYPE73) and if it is too high, give it (partly) back to your zones as a gain. (This issue will be solved in TRNSYS17)
- Make use of the solar balance (NTYPE 901) to check your results.
I hope this helps.
With kind regards
Monika Schulz

TRANSSOLAR Software Team
hotline at transsolar.com <mailto:hotline at transsolar.com>

http://www.trnsys.de/
<http://www.trnsys.de/> http://www.transsolar.com/__software/docs/trnsys/trnsys_uebersicht_de.htm <http://www.transsolar.com/__software/docs/trnsys/trnsys_uebersicht_de.htm>

Transsolar KlimaEngineering - Technologien für energieeffizientes Bauen und Nutzerkomfort in Gebäuden
Transsolar Energietechnik GmbH, Curiestrasse 2, 70563 Stuttgart / Amtsgericht Stuttgart - HRB 23347 / USt-IdNr.: 99073/00911
Geschäftsführer: Dipl.Ing. Matthias Schuler, Dipl.Ing. Thomas Auer, Dipl.Phys. Stefan Holst

  _____