[TRNSYS-users] Double skin facade

Tiziano Terlizzese tiziano.terlizzese at mail.ing.unibo.it
Thu Jan 8 00:22:12 PST 2009

Hi all,

I’m trying to simulate a double skin facade building. As first step I
considered a single office with all the inner walls adiabatic and I divided
my model into two zones: the office and the gap between the two panes of the
double skin façade. It seems that the solar radiation doesn’t reach the
office: it doesn’t pass through zone 1 (the gap between the panes) into zone
2, the office as it should be. Is there something I need to set?

I’m a beginner, so I thank in advance anybody who can give me some advice.

Tiziano Terlizzese

PhD student

Università di Bologna

DIENCA