[TRNSYS-users] Type 334

Matias Garcia matias.garcia0 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 00:01:43 PST 2009

hi!
I am using type 334 to simulate a AHU, but I have some doubts with the
outputs:

Output 52 and 53 are cooling outputs:
52,_Sensible cooling capacity required after heat recovery (Qcl,CC)
53_Additional sensible cooling capacity to reach the dew point
temperature.(Qcl,DEHUM)

The sum of both of them is output 54:
54_Total required sensible and latent cooling capacity with
dehumidification.(Qcl,CC,tot)

But there is also ouput 55:
55_Latent cooling capacity for dehumidification.(Q,DEHUM)

The sum of output 54 and 55 makes output 56:
56_Total cooling capacity for latent and sensible demands.(Qcl,tot)

My problem is that I don´t know exactly what this outputs are measuring
 I have made some calculations and I believe that output 56 is the total
cooling capacity obtained in the cooling coil, sensible cooling and
dehumidifiyng. This output (56) is the sum of outputs 54 and 55, so, if
output 55 is the latent cooling capacity, ouput 54 should be the sensible
capacity of the cooling coil.  And this is what I dont understand at all,
because output 54 is the sum of 52 and 53 and I don´t understand the
difference between them. Some times type 53 is bigger than 52 (normally in
the intermiadte months) and some times is the other way round.

I don´t know if I make it clear, too many outputs.. but I appreciate any
kind of help.

Thanks a lot