[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS error: Type called in input file, but not linked or found in external dll

Matt Duffy duffy at tess-inc.com
Wed Dec 9 08:53:48 PST 2009

Dear Knut Erik,That is very strange? That method should work. Nonetheless, I have another suggestion.Open the *.dsp in the following directory.C:\Program Files\Trnsys16_1\Compilers\TESSCvf66\HvacAdd your Type240.for to this project and compile. Or, if you would like an individual DLL, simplly backup or rename the existing TESSHVAC...dll, remove all of the files in this project except your Type240.for, compile, and rename the new DLL to Type240.dll or whatever you would like.Best regards,Matt Duffy   ----- Original Message -----From: knut.erik.enerstvedt at niva.noSent: Wed, December 9, 2009, 6:45 AMSubject: [TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS error: Type called in input file,but not linked or found in external dll Hello all,  I have created a new component by modifying the Fortran code of an existing TRNSYS Type (Type 666) and assigning it a new Type number. I used the "Export as Fortran" command based on the new Proforma to generate a CVF project template with the necessary compil!
 er settings. My compiler is the CVF66. I then added the modified source code to this project. No problems compiling and building the dll. I checked that the new dll was placed in the ..\Trnsys16_1\UserLib\ReleaseDLLs directory.  So far, so good. However, when I ran a simulation to test the new Type, I got the following error message:  "TRNSYS message 105: A Type was called in the TRNSYS input file but was either not linked into trndll.dll or was not found in an external dll. A dummy subroutine was called in its place. Please link the TYPE or remove it from the input file."  The List file also says that "Type240.dll (my new Type) was found but did not contain any components from the input file". I can not understand how both these messages can appear at the same time.  Has anyone experienced similar problems?  Best regards, Knut Erik Enerstvedt ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Mel!
 d deg på vårt nyhetsbrev på www.niva.no