[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS error: Type called in input file, but not linked or found in external dll

knut.erik.enerstvedt at niva.no knut.erik.enerstvedt at niva.no
Wed Dec 9 04:46:07 PST 2009

Hello all,

I have created a new component by modifying the Fortran code of an
existing TRNSYS Type (Type 666) and assigning it a new Type number. I used
the "Export as Fortran" command based on the new Proforma to generate a
CVF project template with the necessary compiler settings. My compiler is
the CVF66. I then added the modified source code to this project. No
problems compiling and building the dll. I checked that the new dll was
placed in the ..\Trnsys16_1\UserLib\ReleaseDLLs directory.

So far, so good. However, when I ran a simulation to test the new Type, I
got the following error message:

"TRNSYS message 105: A Type was called in the TRNSYS input file but was
either not linked into trndll.dll or was not
found in an external dll. A dummy subroutine was called in its place.
Please link the TYPE or
remove it from the input file."

The List file also says that "Type240.dll (my new Type) was found but did
not contain any components from the input file". I can not understand how
both these messages can appear at the same time.

Has anyone experienced similar problems?

Best regards,
Knut Erik Enerstvedt