[TRNSYS-users] Convergence issue for solar thermal installation simulation

A.Thome-08 at student.lboro.ac.uk A.Thome-08 at student.lboro.ac.uk
Fri Aug 14 00:58:03 PDT 2009

Good morning everyone,

I am trying to model a solar thermal installation connected to a double heat
exchanger tank ( one heat exchanger for the solar thermal panels and one for
a gas boiler if the solar ressource is not sufficient).

When I am running the simulation, it stops a some point because I have to
many "warnings". A small part of the ".lst" file displaying the error
message have been copy/past below:

*** Warning at time       :      2265.000000
    Generated by Unit     :    18
    Generated by Type     :    60
    Message               :            1 non-convergences for Hx 1.Final
UAHx value =     493.9085040802260

*** Fatal Error at time   :      2265.000000
    Generated by Unit     : Not applicable or not available
    Generated by Type     : Not applicable or not available
    TRNSYS Message    450 : The maximum number of warnings allowed per
simulation has been exceeded. Please fix these warnings or increase the
limit on the number of warnings allowed per simulation (LIMITS command)
    Reported information  : Not available

Does anybody know where this non convergence might come from?

Also, I have attached a print screen of the installation.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Arnaud THOME.