[TRNSYS-users] Type71 IAM .dat file and how to use it?

Lucas Witmer ltw110 at psu.edu
Thu Apr 23 09:55:21 PDT 2009

Hi,
I am unable to get a simple evacuated tube simulation to work.  I am in need
of help.  TRNSYS seems to be in need of an incident angle modifier data
file, and I cannot find one anywhere to work with or base my own file format
off of.

I have a basic understanding of what numbers I need (Theta, KTauAlpha) and
how to find them, but I am unsure of the format of the .dat file.  I do not
need to model any specific evacuated tube collector, so if anyone has a
functioning model, with the IAM data file, for any evacuated tube collector,
and doesn't mind passing them along to me for reference to help me build my
own IAM file, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Luke

--
M.S. Candidate, Energy and Mineral Engineering
ltw110 at psu.edu
Penn State Solar Decathlon 2009 Team
212 Hosler Building
University Park, PA 16802