[TRNSYS-users] sky temp (type 69) inconsistent inputs warning

Cramer Silkworth silkworth at transsolar.com
Mon Apr 13 11:55:37 PDT 2009

Hi All,

I'm getting an annoying but work-aroundable error, but I'm curious see
if there's a real problem. When running a simple deck file to create a
climate analysis (no building, just radiations & temps, etc), I get a
bunch of the below warnings, ultimately maxing out and causing a fatal
error. I can get past it by increasing my max warnings, but I'm curious
what the real issue is. I've checked for the things it says in the
message but none of those conditions exists. Anybody got any ideas? Or
does type 69 just get cranky easily?

*** Warning at time       :       584.000000
    Generated by Unit     :    69
    Generated by Type     :    69
    TRNSYS Message    317 : The sky temperature model has reported an
inconsistency in the supplied INPUTS. The inconsistency has been fixed
but should be investigated as it may lead to other problems. This error
can be caused by a dew point temperature above the ambient temperature,
a solar radiation value less than zero, or a cloud cover fraction less
than zero or greater than one
    Reported information  : Not available

Thanks,
-Cramer

J. Cramer Silkworth
Transsolar Inc.
Technical consulting for energy efficiency and user comfort in
buildings. Stuttgart - Munich - New York
134 Spring Street Suite 601
New York, NY 10012
212-219-2255
silkworth at transsolar.com