[TRNSYS-users] Thermal bridge

John Bisgrove jbisgrove at earthsensitive.com
Wed Apr 8 13:05:02 PDT 2009

I’ve been looking at the same issue.

One method I’m waiting to try is to:

separate a bridge from the wall in which it exists.

Declare it as a wall (include the cladding).

This would allow you to get the heat transfer functions from type 56.

Multiplying by the total number of bridges would give an effective value of
total heat loss to the bridges.

Feeding the value back to the zone as some form of heat loss should present
a valid adjustment to the wall without bridges.

If you try this or know any arguments against it please contact me so I know
whether to try a different method.

John Bisgrove

Earth Sensitive Solutions

7523 County House Road