[TRNSYS-users] type 109 user format weather data timestep

Guillaume Berson guillaume.berson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 10:01:06 PDT 2009

Dear all,

I am a new user in TRNSYS and I want to input weather data measured on site. Since i am interested both in solar radiation and ambient temperature I use the type 109 user format to process the data. This weather data is on one minute step and for one day, and I therefore indicated a value of 0.01667h as time step in the data file header formulated for type 109.

The simulation does not work for such a timestep while it works if I increase the value to 0.5h or more. The list file indicates that the limit number of iteration is exceeded, and these iterations seem to occur because the value given in the data for total radiation is zero. However, the start time is set in the control cards at 1176h, which is 00h00 on the 18th of february, so the radiation processor should take into account that it is night. two measurements are provided for radiation processing: the normal beam radiation and the global horizontal radiation. Would it be more convenient to use the two compenents "free format data reader" and "radiation processor" instead of the unic "free format weather data reader" ?

I have also tried to look in the source code to understand better but I do not speak Fortran-ish that much so if anybody has an idea of where could be the bug, I would be delighted to get some help.

Thank you

Guillaume Berson