[TRNSYS-users] Wood drying

Tomas Persson tpe at du.se
Wed Apr 1 05:30:43 PDT 2009

Hi

I know that Stéphane Hameury worked with Moisture buffering of timber constructions at KTH, Stockholm Sweden.

Best regards Tomas Persson

Building and Environment
Volume 40, Issue 10, October 2005, Pages 1400-1412
Moisture buffering capacity of heavy timber structures directly exposed to an indoor climate: a numerical study

Stéphane Hameury

Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering, Division of Building Materials, KTH-The Royal Institute of Technology, SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden

Received 23 September 2004;  revised 14 October 2004;  accepted 18 October 2004.  Available online 19 December 2004.

Abstract
This paper introduces a hygrothermal model accounting for the moisture and heat transport in a massive wood envelope directly exposed to an indoor climate. A better knowledge of the passive interaction between an indoor climate and a heavy timber structure could lead to presenting an alternative to high air exchange rate, and to increasing the thermal comfort of the inhabitants. So far, the model is developed as a stand-alone application with a finite difference method, and is written in a Neutral Model Format, enabling a later implementation in a modular environment for indoor climate energy calculations, called IDA ICE. A numerical simulation is provided to depict the buffering capacity of a massive timber structure as a function of the air exchange rate and the effective wood wall area.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6V23-4F2B9P1-2&_user=646712&_coverDate=10%2F31%2F2005&_alid=894437265&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_cdi=5691&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_ct=2&_acct=C000034738&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=646712&md5=5fd0d95ed17ffb2b416625912a605cdb

Tomas Persson, PhD
Solar Energy Research Center SERC
School of Industrial Technology and Management
Högskolan Dalarna
78188 Borlänge, Sweden

Tel: +46 (0)23 778717
Fax: +46 (0)23 778701