[TRNSYS-users] Problem with parametric run

Janne Paavilainen jip at du.se
Mon Sep 15 04:14:12 PDT 2008

Hi!

Here's a few tricks that may help:

1. Use short file names, i.e. rename your *.dck file from e.g.
VeryComplicatedSystem15thSept2008version10.dck such as S10.dck. You
still can keep your long file name in Studio, just (copy and) rename the
*.dck that the Studio created.

2. Try to close the deck file before you run the parametric table. I.e.
you have only the parametric table file open in TRNSED when you start
the parametric run.

3. Do not open the *.dck file by double clicking on it in a file
browser. Run TRNSED from the start menu and then open the deck file from
there.

I've had all of the above solving parametric run crashes in the past
(but I don't remember which TRNSYS build etc. and how I had installed
TRNSYS... on separate partition etc.).

Actually the last "bug" is still valid for me, my TRNSED doesn't even
start if I double click on a *.dck file, but crashes with "Access
violation...". But it runs OK if I open the deck file from TRNSED.

Cheers,
Janne

Janne Paavilainen
MSc, Doktorand