[TRNSYS-users] Solar Cooling

Mario Leroy Ortiz ortizm at unm.edu
Sun Sep 14 21:04:47 PDT 2008

Nikoleta Delatola,

I have forwarded you some type 107 absorption chiller data
files
valid for a heat medium temperature range between, 71.1
and 93.3 C,
cooling water temperature range of 26.7-31 C and a chilled
water set
point of 7 C.  This data is for a Yazaki SH20 water fired
absorption chiller.
You can see the manufacturer performance data the that the
data files
were derived from if you google Yazaki SH20.

Also attached is a spreadsheet that I used to calculate
the numbers
in the data files along with a TRNSYS project that I used
to test
the numbers.  In the TRNSYS project you will have to edit
the heat
medium temperature, heat medium flow rate, cooling water
temperature
and chilled water inlet temperature to duplicate the test
results in
the spreadsheet.  If you want to run at a flow rate
different than
the rated flow rate of 17284kg/hr you will also have to
configure the
type 107 absorption chiller to read the correct data file.

There are further explanations of these files on the
TRNSYS mail
list under my name.

https://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/trnsys-users/2008/thread.html

Thank you,

Mario Leroy Ortiz

The file that I have sent you is configured to produce
the first row of data in the spreadsheet with heat medium
at 71.1 C
cooling water at 26.7 C.