[TRNSYS-users] Type 56 with external cooling equipment

#TEO NGUAN TECK# Z050128 at ntu.edu.sg
Fri Oct 17 02:30:26 PDT 2008

Hi ALL,

I am currently working on my undergraduate report on radiant panel
cooling, with TRNSYS as my main simulation software.

I have modeled a simple multi-zone building using Simulation Studio,
with Singapore weather (TMY2) data as the weather input. I was able to
run the simulation to obtain the temperature profile of the zone. I was
wondering what are the appropriate steps to determine the cooling load
for my zone. The last time I checked, my simulation provided zero values
for both the QSENS and QLATD.

Also, I aim to connect my building model to an external cooling
equipment. I have created the three inputs suggested by the TRNSYS
manual ie VENTILATION AIRCHANGE, TEMPERATURE and HUMIDITY. I attempted
to model a simple constant air  volume  system, consisting of these
components (Type 667b Air-Air Heat Recovery, Type 754h Heating Coil,
Type 752h Cooling Coil, Type 642-2 Fan) but simulation returned exactly
the same profile as before the equipment is added. What could be wrong
or missing in my configuration? In addition, I realized that Type 56 has
no air flow as output, so how do I link the model to Type667b (i.e.
exhaust air from zone to Type 667b)?

As I am new to the software, any help is greatly appreciated!

Nguan Teck

Final Year Undergraduate, Mechanical Engineering

Nanyang Technological University (Singapore)