[TRNSYS-users] PID controller

Max Werlein maxwithhat at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 15 04:08:44 PDT 2008

Dear TRNSYS users,

I have a solar collector with a constant area, feeding its outputflow to a storage tank. Cold water leaves the tank through a pump (variable speed type 10) and feeds the collector. I now want to use a PID controller (or feedback controller) so as to regulate the outlet temperature of the collector to lets say 90 ºC by varing the input flowrate of the collector, hence controlling the variable speed pump. This does not seem to work, whereas testin the PID conroller (without Tank) i found out that I can control the collector inlet temperature for a constant  area and flowrate trough the collector. But controlling a temperature by variing the flowrate sonhow does not work.
Maybe anyone has any suggestions?

Thanks and kind regards

max