[TRNSYS-users] Question about related software (the demanded version of fortran)

Artemi Spanaki spanakiart at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 12 08:24:06 PDT 2008

Dear Matt Duffy and TRNYS users,

I really appreciate your important advices, related with adding a new component in Fortran and updating trnsys. I would like to ask you some things further.

1. Is the installation of Compaq Visual Fortran 6.6 necessary for the creation of dll? In manual 1 the chapter “1.9.2. Generating a Fortran code skeleton and a compiler project” (page 76) describes the following: “Generate a project that you can open in the Compaq Visual Fortran 6.6 compiler or in the Intel Visual Fortran compiler. That project includes all the settings you need in order to generate an external DLL that will be placed in the \UserLib folder, where TRNSYS will be able to load your Type……The following will assume that Compaq Visual Fortran 6.6 is installed on your machine.’’

2. On the settings of simulation studio, on the Directories card, some folders are set by default. For fortran environment a file named ‘dfdev.exe’ is set on the ‘Microsoft visual studio’ folder. On my PC there is not such a folder, in spite that this is set by default on the directories card, in settings. Is the software named ‘Microsoft visual studio’ demanded in order to run the compiler of fortran? If it is really necessary, which version is associable (comparative) to the version 16 of trnsys? I tried to add on this forder the fortran g77, but it didn’t work either.

Thank you very much.
Your advices are really helpful to me and I really appreciate your reply.

Yours sincerely

Artemi Spanaki