[TRNSYS-users] PC capacities to run faster?

keilholz, werner werner.keilholz at cstb.fr
Tue Oct 7 01:50:48 PDT 2008

Hi Francois,

I'm not an expert on PC tuning, but I think you should mainly go for clock and memory/bus speed.

Adding more memory beyond 1GB is unlikely to speed up TRNSYS a lot, and multiple cores will probably just sit around and wait most of the time - except if you run other processes at the same time on the same machine. (Only the graphical interface uses threads in certain cases, the TRNSYS kernel runs in a single process and does not create any threads as far as I know).

Werner