[TRNSYS-users] New TRNSYS user question

keilholz, werner werner.keilholz at cstb.fr
Thu Oct 2 08:01:32 PDT 2008

Hi John,

TRNSYS does not come with a FORTRAN compiler; if you want to modify the source code, you have to buy one (or find a free one that suits). More info on FORTRAN compilers can be found at:

http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/fortran/fortran.htm

The message about converting the .dsp file seems to indicate that you do have a compiler on your computer, but for the Visual C++ language (not FORTRAN).

When using IVF, you can get such a message though; in this case, click 'Yes' and use the 'convert to FORTRAN' function as described in the IVF / Visual Studio manual.

You can also write new TRNSYS types in C++, but not modify existing types written in FORTRAN with the C++ compiler (its not the same language, like if you try to translate from English to French with German-English dictionary ...).

Hope this helps,

Werner