[TRNSYS-users] New TRNSYS user question

bushjd at umd.edu bushjd at umd.edu
Thu Oct 2 06:48:11 PDT 2008

Hey everyone,
I'm just getting into TRNSYS for my research, and I'm having a problem.  I'm using the CoGen library, specifically the IC engine, for a model.  I've been trying to edit the source code and I need to compile it with Fortran to get it to update.  My computer doesn't have a Fortran compiler.
It looks like TRNSYS comes with compilers (CVF66 and IVF91) but when I open CVF this message appears:
---
The project 'TRNDll.dsp' must be converted to the current Visual C++ project format. After it has been converted, you will not be able to edit this project in previous versions of Visual Studio.

Convert and open this project?
---
I click "no to all" because I don't want to do anything I can't undo.  Should I allow this?  Does anyone have a similar experience?
Also, if anyone has a model or demo that actually runs with the IC engine, it would be greatly helpful if you could send it to me.

Thanks, and have a great day!
John