[TRNSYS-users] Error: Active layer

Ratnalee Patil ratnalee at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 07:29:13 PST 2008

Hi everyone,

I just came across a problem with Type 56. I had an active layer defined previously with specifications according to the related guidelines in TRNSYS document (6.2.4.2.3). While I was trying out different combinations of pipe diameters and spacing with the flow rates, I closed the bui file before changing the thickness of the layer above the pipes (which needs to be greater than 0.3*spacing). Now when I try to reopen my bui file, I get a window with 'error reading bui file' saying thickness of layer adjacent to active layer is too small. When I click OK, the file closes. How do I change this thickness in the bui file if I can't opn it?

I appreciate the help.

Thank you,
Ratnalee Patil
Graduate Student
Concordia University
Montreal, Canada
(919) 387-2866

Any design element that has only one function is probably a mistake or a missed opportunity.
 - Amory B. Lovins, 'Green Development', Rocky Mountain Institute