[TRNSYS-users] creating new type with freeware fortran compiler g95

Frank Giese f.giese at solitem.de
Thu May 29 23:59:19 PDT 2008

Ricardo Gallegos schrieb:
> Hi Frank
> I think that user created modules should have a number between 200 and
> 299 and I see you named your module as type151, whose number is
> reserved. Once I dropped the question ti this forum,  for the
> instructions in the manuals are contradictory, but I cannot find the
> mail nor the answer. One thing is sure, your module should not be named
> type 151, try naming it (and in the fortran code also) type2xx, maybe
> that works. Good luck!
> Regards
> Ricardo Gallegos.
> Facultad de Arquitectura UABC
> Mexicali, Mexuco
>

> 2008/5/28, Frank Giese <f.giese at solitem.de <mailto:f.giese at solitem.de>>:
>
>     Hello!
>     I tried to create a new module by dropping a .dll file into the
>     .../UserLib/ReleaseDLLs but it didn't work so far:
>     Simulation Studio had following error messages:
>
>     TRNSYS Message 199 : TRNSYS found at least one user DLL in the UserLib
>     directory. (Note: Only DLL's including Types that are used in the
>     simulation are loaded)
>     Reported information  : 0 user DLLs were loaded
>     after searching in "D:\Programme\Trnsys16_1\UserLib\ReleaseDLLs"
>
>     So, TRNSYS found the .dll file but didn't load it up and I don't
>     know why.
>
>     How I created the .dll file:
>     -Precompiling my fortran file (type151.for) including the files:
>     TrnsysConstants.f90, TrnsysFunctions.f90, TrnsysData.f90,
>     typeck.for,messages.f90, linkck.f90.
>     -I had problems with the messages.f90 file, because of the command "use
>     kernel 32". Since it is only for message purpose I deleted this command
>     line including the call
>     RaiseException(EXCEPTION_NONCONTINUABLE_EXCEPTION, 0, 0, 0). After this,
>     there was no problem.
>     - Compiling the .dll file with the following command line:
>     g95 -shared -mrtd -o type151.dll type151.for TrnsysConstants.o
>     TrnsysFunctions.o TrnsysData.o typeck.o messages.o linkck.o
>     - Copying this file to the .../UserLib/ReleaseDLLs and starting
>     Simulation Studio with the type 151
>
>     My questions:
>     -Doesn't it work due to the way I created the .dll? or
>     -Doesn't it work due to some path missing in another file (TRNDLL.lib)?
>     -Did anybody else figure it out how it works with a free compiler such
>     as watcom or g95?
>
>     Thank you in advance,
>     Frank Giese
>

>     --
>     Frank Giese
>
>     SOLITEM GmbH
>     Süsterfeldstraße 83
>     52072 Aachen
>     Germany
>     phone +49 (0)241 980 906-0
>     fax   +49 (0)241 980 906-30
>     www.solitem.de <http://www.solitem.de>
>     f.giese at solitem.de <mailto:f.giese at solitem.de>
>
>     ***************************************************************************
> [...]
Dear Mr. Gallegos,
thank you very much for your quick reply. Unfortunately it didn't change
anything to change the number from 151 to 201 (the numbers in the
fortran file included). I found another error message:
Message: "Type201.dll" was found but did not contain any components from
the input file.

Even though the .dck file clearly points to Type 201. I think it is
because of how I created the .dll file.
Best regards,
Frank Giese

--