[TRNSYS-users] creating new type with freeware fortran compiler g95

Frank Giese f.giese at solitem.de
Wed May 28 23:16:31 PDT 2008

Hello!
I tried to create a new module by dropping a .dll file into the
.../UserLib/ReleaseDLLs but it didn't work so far:
Simulation Studio had following error messages:

TRNSYS Message 199 : TRNSYS found at least one user DLL in the UserLib
directory. (Note: Only DLL's including Types that are used in the
simulation are loaded)
Reported information  : 0 user DLLs were loaded
after searching in "D:\Programme\Trnsys16_1\UserLib\ReleaseDLLs"

So, TRNSYS found the .dll file but didn't load it up and I don't know why.

How I created the .dll file:
-Precompiling my fortran file (type151.for) including the files:
TrnsysConstants.f90, TrnsysFunctions.f90, TrnsysData.f90,
typeck.for,messages.f90, linkck.f90.
-I had problems with the messages.f90 file, because of the command "use
kernel 32". Since it is only for message purpose I deleted this command
line including the call
RaiseException(EXCEPTION_NONCONTINUABLE_EXCEPTION, 0, 0, 0). After this,
there was no problem.
- Compiling the .dll file with the following command line:
g95 -shared -mrtd -o type151.dll type151.for TrnsysConstants.o
TrnsysFunctions.o TrnsysData.o typeck.o messages.o linkck.o
- Copying this file to the .../UserLib/ReleaseDLLs and starting
Simulation Studio with the type 151

My questions:
-Doesn't it work due to the way I created the .dll? or
-Doesn't it work due to some path missing in another file (TRNDLL.lib)?
-Did anybody else figure it out how it works with a free compiler such
as watcom or g95?

Thank you in advance,
Frank Giese

--
Frank Giese

SOLITEM GmbH
Süsterfeldstraße 83
52072 Aachen
Germany
phone +49 (0)241 980 906-0
fax   +49 (0)241 980 906-30
www.solitem.de
f.giese at solitem.de

Besuchen Sie uns auf der INTERSOLAR vom 12.-14. Juni 2008 in München
(Halle C1, Stand 519).
Visit us at INTERSOLAR in Munich from June 12-14, 2008 (hall C1, booth 519).

Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Ahmet Lokurlu
Sitz der Gesellschaft: 52072 Aachen
Amtsgericht Registergericht Aachen HRB 7865
USt-Id-Nr.: DE200074034