[TRNSYS-users] Transfer function

Eleni Ampatzi ampatzie at Cardiff.ac.uk
Thu May 8 07:22:31 PDT 2008

Julien,

When you assign a massless material the software ignores the thermal mass effect.

For the solar absorptance, two values are used by the software for the FRONT and the BACK of it.
Save your wall in the user library and then select LIBRARY from the WALL TYPE pull-down menu within
the ZONE window. The wall library window opens and if you click on your element you will be able to
amend its solar absorptance. To choose appropriate values check page 28 in the Multizone Manual as
the solar absorptance coefficient depends on the finish of the material.

I hope I am not wrong, as I am not very confident with TRNBuild yet. Please someone corrects me if
that is the case!

Hope I helped you with this.

Best Regards

Eleni

>>> "Julien L'Hoest" <julien.lhoest at gmail.com> 08/05/08 2:54 PM >>>
Ok I assigned a massless material and it works. Increasing the timebase
didn't work.

Do massless materials absorb solar irradiation like massive materials ?

Regards,

Julien.