[TRNSYS-users] problems wiith type 205 pipe or duct

Lotta Koch lotta.koch at pse.de
Fri Mar 14 01:37:56 PDT 2008

Dear all,

Does anybody have experience with the type 205 written for TRNSYS 15? It
is a pipe or duct with thermal capacitance and it is available for free
on the homepage from the university of Wisconsin. I had two problems
with it:
1. I didn`t manage to transforme it properly to TRNSYS 16. I followed
the instructions in the manual and everything worked fine except of the
conversion to the new significance of the first time step. With the
modified  version in the appendix I got a "Range check error". In the
result file is (after the conversion according to 8.2.2.2 Version sign
call and the Initialization-part in the manual) no more error listed.
2. I wonder why output temperature apears both in the input sector and
the output sector. How does it work?

If anybody has experience with this type, I would be glad to share them!
Thanks!

Best regards, Lotta
--

PSE Logo

* *

Lotta Koch

*PSE AG*

*Emmy-Noether-Str. 2*

*79110 Freiburg*

*Germany*

T (++49) 761 - 479 14-0

F (++49) 761 - 479 14-44

lotta.koch at pse.de <mailto:lotta.koch at pse.de>

www.pse.de <http://www.pse.de>

*Vorstand - CEO*

Dr. Andreas Häberle

*Aufsichtsrat - Board*

Prof. Dr. Volker Wittwer (Vorsitz - Chair)

Dr. Armin Räuber

Prof. Dr. Joachim Luther

*Register*

Amtsgericht Freiburg