[TRNSYS-users] Thermosyphon solar water heater

mohammad abdunnabi moh_jum at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 10 11:03:23 PDT 2008

Dear All;

Does any body have a time and check my Trnays thermosyphon model. In fact, the behaviour of changing parameter 14 (collector inlet to tank outlet distance Hio) is quite strange,  the system performance (SF) decreases by increasing Hio (which I believe oppesite to reality). i noticed this, because I'm running an optimisation program and I found the parameter Hio is always go to the lower limit (which is equal to Hc 'parameter 13' in this case). in other hand, I have some other Trnsys models ( the value their parameters are not from a real systems) give a good results (increasing Hio increases SF). It confusing me.

I would be very grateful if any body could check and give me an explaintion or is there any mistake in my Trnsys model. any help or assistance will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Mohammad
Civil and Building Eng. Dept.
Loughborough University