[TRNSYS-users] collector overheating

Janne Paavilainen jip at du.se
Mon Jun 30 06:02:09 PDT 2008

Hi Jean,

Here's how I do it usually with equations and integrators. However I'm
not sure if you mean "how many times" or "total time", so here you have
both cases:

In the case of duration I'd use equation-integrator where the equation
gives out 1 if t_out>130 otherwise 0
timeGTmax=GT(Tout,130)
-->  Integrator

In the case of number of times I'd use an equation-value
recall-equation-integrator where the first equation gives out 1/STEP
(results in total 1 to be integrated for that time step) if t_out>130
otherwise 0. The value recall is used to store one time step and the
second equation compares previous and current time step states and if
previous state < current state the output is 1/STEP for that time step.

stateGTmax=GT(Tout,130)/STEP
--> value recall
--> nrTimesGTmax=GT(stateGTmaxCurr, stateGTmaxPrev)/STEP
--> integrator

The stateGTmaxCurr and stateGTmaxPrev are the states for current and
previous time steps from the value recall component.
(note: the division by STEP is not actually needed in the first
equation, just easier to understand the output when it's state either 0
or 1 if you want check it e.g. with an online plotter)
(note: Also better you check all outputs with online plotter as it's
easy to mix up the order in the GT statement and also when to divide by
STEP.)

Hope that helped.

Cheers,
Janne