[TRNSYS-users] Overhang Type 34

B.Cogné - dH Technologies benoit.cogne at dh-technologies.fr
Mon Jun 23 10:32:16 PDT 2008

Dear Trnsys users,

I am not fully experienced in Trnsys so my problem may be very simple to solve.
Trying to understand how to use the type 34 "Overhang" I made some tests and found strange results.
When Overhang and wingwall projections are set to zero, beam radiation and ground radiation to receiver are equal to same data from type 109. This is OK.
Sky diffuse is reduced a lot which does not look normal to me.
Is there an explanation ?
Here attached is this simple test

I also need some advice on the way to use the type 34 with the type 56.
Should I create in the building an orientation for each overhang and connect the type 34 outputs to the corresponding inputs or should I only use the fraction of solar shading from type 34 as the external shading factor of the window ?
I would appreciate an example on the way to connect type 34 properly to type 56

Looking forward for your help

Benoît Cogné
DH TECHNOLOGIES
France