[TRNSYS-users] heat exchanger with condensation

Fieberg, Christian Fieberg.Christian at GEA-Happel.de
Fri Jun 13 00:04:07 PDT 2008

Dear TRNSYS user,

I´m looking for a heat exchanger working as an air cooler and including effects of condensation (latent heat).

I found that Type 5d would do fine as I could modify the area or the overall heat transfer coefficient, respectively. Unfortunately, with this type I cannot include condensation. This is possible with Type 508a in TESS library. But with this type I see no method to vary the performance of the heat exchanger (effectiveness). Is it possible to combine both Types to model a heat exchanger with a given effectiveness and considering condensation. Or maybe there is already a Type existing with these features I did not find yet?

Best regards,

Christian