[TRNSYS-users] building internal gains

Mario Leroy Ortiz ortizm at unm.edu
Thu Jun 12 10:48:00 PDT 2008

Borges,

Hello from New Mexico.

I have worked with modeling buildings.  Here is what I
would do.

In TRNBld, when you click on your zone you get the window
where you
defined your walls, zone volume and so forth.  At the top
of that window
there is a button that says "gains" with a picture of a
candle.

If you click the gains button there are 3 or 4 different
type of gains
that can be defined.  Since you know that the sum of your
gains is
4W/m^2, you can enter your gains as 4 W/m^2 of artificial
lighting.
Even though some of your gains are not artificial
lighting, gains
is gains, and you know the value you want to use.

The pull down menu for artificial lighting will not allow
you to
select 4 W/m^2, so you can select 5 W/m^2 and set your
scale to
0.8 which will effectively be 4 W/m^2.  You can use a
schedule to
turn your gains on and off with values of 1 or zero or you
can use the
schedule to scale back your gains with a fraction greater
than zero but
less than 1.

Enter the square footage ( I mean square meters) of your
building in the affected floor area
box and you should be good.

Thank you,

Mario Ortiz