[TRNSYS-users] Radiant floo heating

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Wed Jun 4 10:50:48 PDT 2008

<I'm working on the simulation of a building that will use a water to
water heat pump and radiant heating floor to heat the building. I'm using
type number 56 to simulate the building. I know i can put active layers in
this types and simulate the radiant heating floor, but i would like to
simulate it separetely, out of type number 56. I've been checking which
types I could use to make an appropiate simulation of the radiant heating
floor, but after long time checking I still have a  lot of doubts.>

Maria,

We have a model that we use here at TESS that models in great detail a
radiant floor heating and cooling system.  However, with a large number of
pipes the model can become very slow.  I'd be happy to discuss with you
the details of the model if you are interested.  I'm also curious why
you're not using the active layers in Type 56.  Our detailed model has
shown that the Type 56 model does a pretty good job of modeling the floor
- and is much quicker for detailed designs.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC

2916 Marketplace Drive - Suite 104