[TRNSYS-users] Error reading a data file

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Fri Jan 18 07:28:24 PST 2008

> I have a problem reading a data file in TRSNSYS 15. When I run a simple
project
> (only with the "TYPE 9c") the program tell me the messange "TRNSYS error
# 1. Check
> the listing file for more information", in spite of the *.lst doesn't
exist and the
> *.dck file is empty. I suppose that the error is in the data file but it
looks
> normal. The data file has been obtained from a excell file, as a text
file with
> tabulation (*.txt).

Check to see if you have a file called "Program" on the root drive of your
machine (C:\Program.)  This file can be created if you don't put quotes
around a file name that contains the \Program Files\ path.  If you find
this file, delete it, and put quotes around your assign statements.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC

2916 Marketplace Drive - Suite 104