[TRNSYS-users] Nocturnal Cooling

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Tue Jan 8 08:02:31 PST 2008

<The component library has collector modules which cannot be linked to the
effective sky temperature. As a result I am not able to estimate the
radiative losses correctly. Is there any radiator/collector component that
I can link to effective sky temperature? >

Our (TESS Libraries) unglazed flat plate collectors do exactly as you
suggest.  We have used them in projects where the user collects heat
during the day into a large storage tank then charges a large cooling tank
at night by rejecting heat to the ambient/sky.

Let me know if you'd like details on the model.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC

2916 Marketplace Drive - Suite 104