[TRNSYS-users] File C:Program does not exist!

Adrien JEZEQUEL a.jezequel at itf.biz
Fri Jan 4 07:04:31 PST 2008

Happy new year TRNSYS Users

Dear Benoït,

If you right click on your Type56, and select "Edit Building" Menu, you
will open TRNBUILD without problem and you will then be able to create
your own building.

I have also the error message you describe in your mail. As far as I'm
concerned, it appears when I double click on Type56 and when I select
Edit in "Building description file (*.bui)", in "External Files" tab. I
have never try to solve that issue. Maybe it is effectively due to the
fact that FORTRAN program is unable to treat space in file name...

Best regards, Adrien

Benoît Decerf (3E) a écrit :

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm a new TRNSYS 16 user and I have a small problem that is not solved
> in the FAQ.
> I run TRNBuild for the first time and I got an error saying:
>
> *File C:Program does not exist!*
>
> I talked with one of my collega who has more experience with TRNSYS
> and he told me this could come from the fact that FORTRAN can't deal
> with "spaces" in the names of the Files. Anyway, he was not able to
> tell me what I could do exept from creating a new folder ProgramFiles
> (instead of Program Files) and reinstall TRNSYS in it.
>
> If somebody knew what to do in this case, I would be really happy to
> learn from him.
>
> Happy New year,
> Benoît Decerf
> 3E nv/sa
> Engineering a sustainable energy future
> Rue du Canal 61 Vaartstraat - B-1000 Bruxelles/Brussel
> T 02 217 58 68 - F 02 219 79 89
> Benoit.Decerf at 3E.eu - _www.3E.eu_ <file://www.3E.eu>

Adrien JEZEQUEL
Ingénieur en Simulations Dynamiques