[TRNSYS-users] File C:Program does not exist!

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Fri Jan 4 06:17:15 PST 2008

<I'm a new TRNSYS 16 user and I have a small problem that is not solved in
the FAQ.
I run TRNBuild for the first time and I got an error saying:
File C:Program does not exist! >

What likely happened is that you used an assign statement in one of your
projects without using double quotes; something like:

ASSIGN C:\Program Files\TRNSYS1MyProjects\Jeff.txt  83

This created a blank file called "Program" on your c:\ root drive.  Find
this file and delete it.  Then change all of your assign statements to the
form:

ASSIGN "C:\Program Files\TRNSYS1MyProjects\Jeff.txt"  83

Notice the quote marks!

You won't have to re-install anything and you sure don't have to create a
directory called ProgramFiles.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC