[TRNSYS-users] How to define a new window type with values U and g given by user?

Adrien JEZEQUEL a.jezequel at itf.biz
Mon Feb 25 21:36:03 PST 2008

Dear Yuyun,

A tutorial to generate your own type of window is available on the
University of Wisconsin website. You can find it on this page :

http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/downloads/tutorials_and_examples/window5/window5.htm

Best regards, Adrien

Yujun TAO a écrit :
> Excuse me,
>
> How to define a new window type with values U and g given by user? I
> see that there is a notice in the help manuel :
>
> The option to define a new window type should be used with caution. In
> contrast with the
> definition of wall types, the window properties used during the
> simulation cannot be fully defined
> within TRNBUILD. An additional ASCII file called W4-LIB.DAT containing
> certain window
> properties must be assigned for the simulation. The window ID
> represents the connection
> between the window type defined in TRNBUILD and window properties of
> the ASCII file W4-
> LIB.DAT. To create this additional ASCII file, the program WINDOW 4.1
> from the Lawrence
> Berkeley Laboratory can be used. For further information on the ASCII
> file and the WINDOW
> program, please check the main TRNSYS Reference Manual.
>
> I don't where I can find the program WINDOW 4.1 in the program TRNSYS
> , or where I can find the further information in the "main TRNSYS
> Reference Manual".

Adrien JEZEQUEL
Ingénieur en Simulations Dynamiques
ITF (Ingénierie Tous Fluides)