[TRNSYS-users] Problem of convergence in modelling an heat pump in off state

h8304506 at hkusua.hku.hk h8304506 at hkusua.hku.hk
Wed Feb 13 22:50:34 PST 2008

Dear Trnsys users.

I try to simulate a heat pump system from the basic component level
(compressor, condenser coil, expansion valve and evaporator coil).  I
have created separate proformas for each component, and linked them up
in a closed loop.  However, I get one problem when writing the source
codes.  How can I define the output of each component when the system
is off (say by using a scheduler or temperature controller), but still
maintain convergence in the closed loop?  Your reply is highly
appreciated.

Best Regards
LEE, Chun Kwong
PhD student