[TRNSYS-users] Type 534 invalid floating point operation

Jens Apel jens_apel at arcor.de
Tue Feb 12 04:17:34 PST 2008

Dear all,

I'm using the type 534 storage tank of the TESS libraries. I made a small
change in the code, I set the maximum number of ports to 20. Beside other
components I use an online plotter with file to see and print the tank nodal
temperatures. The system runs ok, but if I change the double port of the
solar circle I get an invalid floating point operation error. This happens
only if I have the respective plotter switched on and the tank energy
balance error connected to the plotter. As soon as I switch off the plotter
or disconnect the balance error everything is alright. In the output file of
the plotter I get normal values for the balance error and at some times it
is written "NaN". Those are probably the times where I get the error.

This is no problem for me as I don't necessarily need the balance error and
so I don't need real help from you. I am just curious what the reason might
be and if anybody of you ended up with the same behavior.

Thanks for any replies

Jens Apel

Technical University of Berlin