[TRNSYS-users] Viewing of the graphs numerical result in excel and the use of calculator

henry cod timetosoarus at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 19 02:36:50 PST 2008

Hi All, i will like to know (a) How to use the Type 62 (Calling External Program/ Excel) to view the numerical results of the plotted graph? I tried just planting the function icon onto the platform. Pressing F8 does shows an excel spreadsheet. However, it does not show any readings. I tried connecting the excel function icon to the plotter Type 65. However, since all the connection points in the plotter type 65 has been occupied, there's no way to establish a connection with Excel Type 62. So just what can we do to command the function to print out the numerical results of the simulated graph. i need the values in an excel format in order for me to review the result for purposes like eg. finding mean value etc. (b)There's this calculator icon in TRNSYS.  I have attached one above if you are wondering what calculator icon i was referring to. I have a few questions i will like to ask regarding this calculator
where can we find the calculator?
How do we use it?
How to establish the intermediates and outputs using the calculator?
What is the purpose of having this calculator first connected from an integrator, then to a printer?

Any help is appreciated. Thank You.

Regards
Kenji
Join the Fantasy Football club and win cash prizes here!
http://fantasyfootball.sg.msn.com