[TRNSYS-users] Chilled Water Air Conditioning Systems

#TEO NGUAN TECK# Z050128 at ntu.edu.sg
Tue Dec 9 23:03:03 PST 2008

Hi ALL,

I have completed my office model using Type56 and it is ready to accept
external cooling equipment.

Now I need advice for setting up a chilled water air conditioning
system. Here's my queries:

1)      What are the basic components of such a system? I believed it
should consist of a Water chiller (Type 666), Cooling tower (Type 510)
and an air handler unit.

2)      Can I simply use the model available in TRNSYS (i.e.
Trnsys16\Tess Models\Studio Projects\HVAC Library) and build upon it by
adding an air handler unit.

3)      What Is the air handling unit available in TRNSYS I can use for
my case?

Any help is much appreciated.

Nguan Teck

Final Year Undergraduate

Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.