[TRNSYS-users] usina Type 56a for grounds Flood

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Wed Dec 3 12:03:38 PST 2008

<This way of calculating the heating and cooling demand is of course not
very realistic. The temperature depend of the type of insulation, les
surfaces of the floor, the perimeter, the other cooling or heating load
and so. Does anyone know how I could simulate more accurately this
situation with and without insulation on ground floor?>

We (TESS) have just finished a brand new 3-D soil conduction model that
simulates the slab-to-ground heat transfer for multi-zone buildings.
We're in the process of adding it to TRNSYS Version 17 (due out next year)
and creating a program that writes the external data files (not required
but extremely useful).  In the interim, we're selling this model as a
stand-alone TESS component.  If you're interested, I can quote you a price
for the model.  I can also provide several screen captures of the soil
temperature profiles generated from the model for a 25-zone building in
Canada.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC