[TRNSYS-users] type 703 parameters

eleni ampatzi eampatzi at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 2 02:04:46 PST 2008

Dear All,

I am using type 703 and I have a question regarding parameters 8,9,10 which
refer to the surface temperature- temperature of undisturbed soil. What does
'undisturbed soil' mean exactly? I can get measurements from local weather
stations regarding the soil temperature at various depths; hourly values
measured at 10cm depth, daily values taken at 9am for 30cm and 100cm depth.

If I use average soil temperature measurements for 10cm depth, would that be
a correct dataset to use in orfed to derive mean surface temperature,
amplitude of surface temperature and day of min surface temperature? Would
surface temperature differ a lot from the soil temperature at 10cm? Thank
you in advance

Best Regards

Eleni

--