[TRNSYS-users] solar water heater (tank) connected to heat air ofthe ventilation system

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Thu Aug 14 09:18:05 PDT 2008

<I would like simulate a solar water-heater with a connection to the
ventilation double flux (System D).
For these I need a tank with 3 inputs and 3 outputs but the tank from the
library has 2 inputs and 2 outputs maximum.>

You'll either have to use a combination of diverting and mixing valves on
two of the outlets (mixing into one and then diverting back to two) or
purchase one of the available add-on storage tanks (TESS 531-4,
TRANSSOLAR's tank) that can handle more than two ports, or (shiver) use
the Type 60 storage tank in standard TRNSYS.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC

2916 Marketplace Drive - Suite 104