[TRNSYS-users] Type 34 with Type 56

Jens Apel jens.apel at arup.com
Wed Apr 16 06:32:46 PDT 2008

Dear all,

I'm simulating a building with a post and rail glass facade. The posts and rails are shadowing the glass area. I am using the type 34 to calculate the shaded radiation on the glass pane. Now I'm not sure how to handle the view factor. The type 34 calculates with a sky view factor of 1 when PAR(1) is one and of 0.5 when PAR(1) is 0. As I'm using a type 109 data reader I set PAR(1) to 0.

In type 56 there is a preset value for the sky view factor of 0.5. If I understand it right I get a double sky view factor of 0.5 when I connect the type 34 to the type 56 and should change one of the two values to 1. Is that correct? And where should I set a view factor of 1, in type 34 or in type 56?

Thanks in advance

Jens

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

i.A. Jens Apel

Jens Apel

Engineer

Arup

tel: +49 (0) 30 885 910 11

fax: +49 (0) 30 885 910 10

internal freecall: x76511

Arup GmbH

Uhlandstraße 20-25, 10623 Berlin

Kaistraße 18, 40221 Düsseldorf

Bockenheimer Landstraße 97-99, 60325 Frankfurt/Main

Sitz Düsseldorf HRB 27744

Geschäftsführer:

Cecil Balmond BSc(Eng) MSc DIC MIStructE FRIBA, Philip Dilley BSc ACGI CEng MICE MIStructE FACE,

Terence Malcolm Hill ONC Dip MSc MICE CEng MCIT, Dipl.-Ing. Rüdiger Lutz IngKBau NRW VBI